As I’m gearing up for Spring & Motherhood Mini sessions, I figured it’s time for us to chat! You see them on your newsfeed or timeline every so often from photographers you follow, mini sessions. And you wonder, why would I book a mini session? What even is the difference between a regular photo session and a mini session?
A mini session is a photo session that generally lasts 15-20 minutes at a specified location on a set day or couple of days. The final product is usually a handful or two of edited digital files, chosen by the client, with the option to purchase more files or their entire gallery. Mini sessions are sometimes themed, like for holidays or in a specific season (like around when the leaves change in fall), for example. Whereas a regular photo session lasts 60-90 minutes long, with locations and dates chosen by the client. There are options for location and outfit changes during a full session. The final product is a gallery of all edited images rather than a handpicked bunch.
Now that we’ve chatted through the difference between mini sessions and full photo sessions, let’s talk about 5 reasons to book mini sessions.
WHY MINI SESSIONS
- Save time: they are short and sweet. Who doesn’t want to save time where they can?
- Low commitment: Both time and financial commitments are lower for mini sessions. You get beautiful photos in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the cost of a full session. This is also a great time to “try-out” working with a new photographer to see if you like their work and get along with them to hire them for a full session in the future…all without having to commit to a full session.
- Perfect for kids: Mini sessions are a great option for little ones who may struggle to hang through a longer session. Get great photos before their attention span is up.
- For the “I just need a few images” people: Mini sessions are great if you’re finding yourself “just needing a few” whether that is for a headshot refresh for your LinkedIn or website bio, holiday cards, etc.
- New life milestones: Have you had a new life milestone since your last photo session? Do you need a Save the Date image since getting engaged? Or a new photo of the family with your newest addition? (could be a human baby OR new fur baby;) )
So what do you think? Are you ready to book your Spring Family Or Motherhood Mini Session? Secure your spot here for Spring Family Minis and here for Motherhood Minis! If you’re set on a full session, let’s chat details!